This spectacular walk has a little bit of everything – bush, beach, headlands, and vineyards.
Beginning with a walk through restored and regenerating bush up to the headland for some spectacular views of the islands of the Hauraki Gulf.
We continue on through lush established bush tracks and through the rolling hills overlooking beautiful valley, vineyard and sea views where there is time available for wine tasting and/or lunch at two of Waiheke’s best loved vineyards – Mudbrick Vineyard or Cable Bay Vineyards – there are tasting options to suit all budgets.
ABOUT THIS WALK
- Start: 9:45am / Finish: 3pm
- Starts and finishes at Matiatia ferry dock
- Walk through the Atawhai Whenua Forest & Bird Reserve while learning about our regenerating native bush and conservation projects on Waiheke
- Enjoy stunning views of the Hauraki Gulf Islands, Great Barrier Island and the Coromandel; spot sea birds, native plants and, if you’re lucky, orcas or dolphins
- Learn about the history and ecology of the Hauraki Gulf and Waiheke Island
- Enjoy spectacular views, lush bush, walking past amazing homes, city and sea views as you walk
- Discover the stunning bush reserve Pio Rehutai as you come out along the ridge to a lookout above Blackpool Bay and Oneroa
- Continue on through the rolling hills to Mudbrick Vineyard and/or Cable Bay Vineyards to enjoy a coffee and a bite or sample their award-winning wines and world class venues before walking back to the ferry
REVIEWS: WAIHEKE ISLAND VINEYARDS & BUSH WALK
Beautiful island memories!
Vineyards & Bush Walk
Fantastic guided walk with a local
Review this walk
- Fantastic scenic walk with expert guiding and interpretation
- Ferry fares
- Lunch and wine tasting
WHAT TO BRING
- Walking shoes
- Day pack
- Money for wine tasting or food purchases
If there is anything at all that you need to know, please contact us – we are happy to help!