Waiheke Island Private Personalised Walk
For private groups of 2-8 people, we offer a range of specialist walking options. We’ll provide a tailor-made itinerary and confirm all arrangements on your behalf.
- Small, personal and private walking tours with an experienced local guide
- A wide range of options including walking tours all over Waiheke Island, coastal tracks, art walks or guided wellbeing walks
- Itinerary and pace to suit your interests and requirements
- If you would prefer a shorter walk, please contact us for special arrangements
- If you are interested in visiting artist studios, please refer to our Private Art Walk
ABOUT THIS WALK
- Catch the 9:00am Fullers ferry from downtown Auckland (trip to Waiheke takes approx 35 minutes)
- Start: 9:45am, Ferry Wharf in Matiatia (or contact us to arrange free 9:15am pickup in Oneroa).
When leaving the ferry, look for your guide who will be standing on your left just before you enter the Ferry Terminal. Your guide will be holding a Walking By Nature sign.
- Finish: 3:00pm, Ferry Wharf in Matiatia
- Our Private Personalised Walks are available for groups of 2-8.
Thank you, it was “magique”!
Our party of four enjoyed immensely our time out over the far end of the island.
Michael was a great help in anticipating or answering questions as we went along with him at the wheel. It made for a very professional yet friendly experience.
Michael’s love of the Island created a shared experience that went way beyond the call of duty. Would have enjoyed another couple of hours…Next time maybe!
You are so good at what you do. Thanks for all the info you provided for the rest of our trip. We will be doing almost all, if not all, of what you recommended.
Our family group of 8 adults met Gabrielle and Michael at the Waiheke dock for our tour. Breathtaking views around ever turn. We learned about flora and fauna, island history, Māori culture—Gabby and Michael shared their extensive knowledge and great love of their island. For that afternoon, we received the gift of local connection to an extraordinary place. We highly recommend Walking by Nature tours.
$75 for children 8-14
Private group walk
Minimum 2, maximum 8
- Flexible walking tour times to suit
- Plenty of time for a leisurely lunch or dinner (afternoon tours)
- Return transfers to the ferry or island accommodation
- Ferry fares
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable shoes
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- Raincoat (depending on forecast)
Please contact us – we’re happy to help!
BOOK THIS WALK
Not sure which walk to book?
See availability of all our walks