Waiheke Island Double Headland Walk (5 hours)
This is our signature walk which runs every day, and it’s great in any weather.
Experience the twin headlands of Matiatia and Church Bay on Waiheke Island, leaving from and returning to the ferry terminal. This guided walk is suitable for those who can walk five hours on hilly terrain.
We begin your trip back to nature by greeting you as soon as you step off the ferry. Straight away you’ll be drawn in by the gorgeous scenery and beautiful coastal environment.
Our guided walks are small and highly personal, so groups for this walk are limited to 12 people. Please book well in advance as this is one of our most popular walks and gets booked up!
ABOUT THIS WALK
- Catch the 9am Fullers ferry from downtown Auckland (sailing is approximately 35 minutes)
- Start: 9:45am / Finish: 3pm
- Starts and finishes at Matiatia ferry dock
- Walk the headland track around the Matiatia headland and past Owhanake Bay – approximately 2 hours
- On our way around the Matiatia headland, enjoy beautiful views of the Hauraki Gulf Islands, Great Barrier Island and the Coromandel; spot sea birds, native plants and, if you’re lucky, orcas or dolphins
- Learn about the history and ecology of the Hauraki Gulf and Waiheke Island, its conservation projects and island life
- We stop for lunch at Oneroa Village or picnic on the beach – eat in one of the local cafes, order a lunchbox or bring your own and picnic on the beach
- After lunch we will walk the Pio Rehutai Reserve and around the Church Bay headland through a sculpture park and a stunning bush reserve, past amazing homes, city and sea views – approximately 2 hours
REVIEWS: WAIHEKE ISLAND DOUBLE HEADLAND WALK
Perfect day after long plane ride!
An excellent day out!
No hesitation in recommending this tour
Wonderful walk with a fantastic guide
The best experience possible
A Wonderful Day in Waiheke
A perfect day on Waiheke Island
Excellent day with a super guide
Review this walk
- Fantastic scenic walk and expert guiding
- Walking maps
- Return transfers to the ferry (or your island accommodation)
- Ferry fares
- Lunch (your options for lunch are to bring your own, order a lunchbox ahead of time from us, or purchase something from one of the shops or cafes when we stop for lunch)
WHAT TO BRING
- Walking shoes
- Day pack
- Lunch if you wish to picnic on the beach
If there is anything at all that you need to know, please contact us – we are happy to help!
This guided walk makes a great present – contact us about giving it as a gift voucher.