This lovely walk, based around Onetangi beach, brings together the best of the bush and the beach. You get to walk to one of the high points of Waiheke island with spectacular views, through magnificent forest reserve, along a beautiful stream to an ancient hidden grove of Pohutukawas and Nikau Palms, past one of the biggest Kauri trees on the island, and along clifftops with spectacular views before dropping down to the beach for a walk and finishing at one of the local cafés on the beach. You can then go for a swim or eat lunch.
This walk takes approximately four hours.
ABOUT THIS WALK
- Starts and finishes at Charley Farley’s Restaurant & Bar, the Strand, Onetangi
- Start: 9 am. Finish: 12.30pm
- Visit some of the island’s amazing trees including an ancient hidden grove of Pohutukawas, Nikau Palms and one of the Island’s biggest Kauri trees
- Visit Trig Hill outlook with fabulous views of the Island and back to Auckland
- Walk through Onetangi Forest & Bird Reserve
- Walk along Onetangi clifftops and beach – the longest beach on Waiheke
- Finish in time for a swim or lunch at one of the cafes along the beach
REVIEWS: WAIHEKE ISLAND BUSH & BEACH WALK
A must-do when you like nature
Fantastic for our kids too
Review this walk
- Fantastic scenic walk with expert guiding and interpretation
- Pick up from Oneroa 30 mins prior, for those who require it
- Ferry fares
WHAT TO BRING
- Walking shoes
- Day pack
- Lunch if you wish to picnic on the beach afterward
If there is anything at all that you need to know, please contact us – we are happy to help!