Enquire now for our next event!
Experience a peaceful long weekend away with other women exploring the ecological treasures of beautiful Great Barrier Island and staying in a gorgeous retreat setting on Port Fitzroy harbour. Unplug, connect and refresh for the year ahead.
- Fly to Great Barrier Island and back from Mangere, Waiheke Island or Ardmore
- Stay at beautifully restored Fitzroy House and cottage in Glenfern Sanctuary with stunning views over Port Fitzroy
- Wander the tracks at Glenfern sanctuary, swim or kayak off the jetty
- Tramp the easy grade Harataonga–Okiwi Coastal Track with magnificent coastal views (5 hours)
- See endangered seabirds and a private ecological restoration project
- Visit local conservation projects and get inspired about what’s possible
- Experience a yoga class overlooking the magnificent view or take a forest or beach mindfulness walk
- Swim at beautiful beaches or in the natural hot pools
- Enjoy delicious food and wine
- Take time out to relax and enjoy yourself in the company of other fun women
- Maximum: 8 women
Really enjoyed spending time at Great Barrier Thursday to Sunday. Our accommodation at Trillium Lodge was outstanding – beautiful views, so comfortable. Did a fab coastal walk (Haratonga) – 12km, easy walking. Saw a lot of the island – perhaps too much driving? Very windy roads. Each morning we had 30 mins of yoga with Katerina which was excellent. Had a ‘mindful nature walk’ which isn’t really my cup of tea but I did see the point of it.
Overall would have liked more walking and less driving however Gabrielle and Katerina were full of enthusiasm and did their best to give the group a great experience. This trip is fairly new so feel it will get better with time. Highly recommend to anyone who hasn’t visited this lovely island.