Waiheke Island has been known as an island that supports a lively creative community for many years now and has a wonderful range of artists who make their home here. On the Waiheke Island Art Walk you’ll experience the best of what Waiheke has to offer – visiting galleries, sculpture parks, artist studios and lunching at a spectacular property where one of the island’s many artists lives and works.
Our Art Walk takes approximately 4 hours, and is done at a very leisurely pace so you can enjoy both the art and the scenery around you. By being surrounded by such creativity and the beauty of nature, you will come away feeling inspired by what you have seen, the artists you have met and the beauty and views you have enjoyed while wandering through bush tracks and local roads.
ABOUT THIS WALK
- Starts and finishes at the Waiheke Community Art Gallery, Ocean View Road, Oneroa
- Start: 10 am. Finish: 2pm
- Visit local Oneroa art galleries including an artists’ collective, the community art gallery, an artist goldsmith and hear from the artists and gallery staff
- Visit the local sculpture park and learn about the sculptures
- Visit glass artists, an artisan shoemaker, painters’ studios
- Lunch at Church Bay studio, the spectacular home and studio of Gabriella Lewenz overlooking Church Bay
- Walk back through the Atawhai-Whenua Forest & Bird Reserve to the Community Gallery where we finish
REVIEWS: WAIHEKE ISLAND ART WALK
Brilliant Day Out
Review this walk
- Fantastic scenic walk with expert guiding and interpretation
- Ferry fares
- Transport to Oneroa
WHAT TO BRING
- Walking shoes
- Day pack
- Money for art purchases
If there is anything at all that you need to know, please contact us – we are happy to help!